Éire Óg Ladies Football Club was founded in 2003 based on successes at Sciath na Scol competition in Ovens and Farran National Schools. The Club has had a number of successes at County Championship level including 5x Under 12(1 at ‘A’ level and 4 at ‘B’ level), 1 at U14B, 3 at U16, 1 at Junior (c),1 at Junior (a), 1 Intermediate, 1 Senior B League.
The Club currently has 160 players plus 30 non-playing members. It has teams at Senior, Under 21, Minor, Under 16, Under 14, Under 12 which participate in Mid-Cork and County Competitions as well as Under 8/10 panel .
Since our club was established in 2003 we have had success but over the last four years it has been the best for the Club.
In July 2010 Éire Óg Ladies Football Club travelled to Co. Tyrone in the File Peile na mBan Competition to represent Cork. The girls made great friends and still keep in contact with the girls from Co. Tyrone.
In June 2011 Éire Óg Ladies Football were hosts to Portlaoise Ladies Football Club in the Feile Peile na mBan Competition which was held in Cork that year.
In 2012 Éire Óg Ladies Football Club won the Intermediate County Final and went on to play in the Munster Final that year. For a club not long in existence it was a great achievement for the Club to be promoted to Senior Level for the year 2013.
Our Club also hosted the Munster U12 Blitz where a great day was had by all.
- Éire Óg Ladies reached the Senior County Semi Final and won the Senior B League Final.
- Our U10s won the Danielle Forde Memorial Trophy after having been runners up for 7 years.
- Our U16s won the U16 A Mid Cork and County Final.
- Our Club held a very successful Club Media and Training night for our Cork Senior Team
2014 has also been a great year so far for our underage teams.
- Our U8 and U10s took part in the annual Passage West Blitz where the sun shone and a great day out was had by all our younger girls.
- Again our U10s went to Donoughmore in August to try and win back to back titles in the Danielle Forde Memorial Blitz. The girls played outstanding football and had some very tough matches and again for the second year in a row regained the Danielle Forde Memorial Trophy.
- On the 20th of September last our U12 girls played in the U12B County Final. It had been a few years since our U12s played in a County Final and it created great excitement throughout the Club. Having played against Dromtariff in the quarter final; Youghal in the semi final we were against Bandon Ladies in the County Final. Our U12s girls did what was asked of them and put in a fabulous performance to win the U12B County Final.
- Our U16s have reached the U16B County Semi Final where they will play against Aghada.
- Our Senior Team reached the semi final of the Senior B County Final.
Éire Óg Ladies Football Club was well represented on Cork Teams over the years and this year was no exception. We had 2 girls on the Cork U14 Team( Grace Collins and Emma Cleary); 3 girls on the Cork U16 Teams( Laura Cleary, captain), Grainne Cahalane & Marie O’Leary) (club members John Cleary and Tom Scally were coaches of Cork U16 team), 3 girls on the Minor Team (Aoife Nic a Bhaird, Leighann O’Shea and Eimear Scally) and 2 girls on the Cork Senior Panel (Elaine Scally and Eimear Scally).
The Club is delighted to have two wonderful schools in our parish, Ovens and Farran and the girls have won many sciath na scol finals over the years and the school teams are going from strength to strength.
Our Club has grown over the years and this is put down to the extremely hard work, volunteering and dedication of all our trainers, players and parents who put in numerous hours of training every week.
As our club has done over previous years, we will again take a bus to Dublin to support the Cork Senior Ladies in the All Ireland Football Final.
We encourage all our girls to attend the U13 & U15 Development Training Sessions which commence on the 4th of Oct. In CIT